Do I need a Partner?
No you do not need a partner for any of our classes except our wedding bootcamp.
In all of our partnering classes the teacher will rotate everyone in a circle. If you come with a partner it is not required that you rotate however, we do encourage students to rotate and social dance with new partners to experience leading and following.
What If I Never Danced Before?
Don't you worry, we specialize in two left feet! This is where people come to learn to dance. Our beginner classes will start from the very beginning with the fundamental steps. Once you feel confident you can move on into the next level class
What Should I Wear?
Dress is casual. Some people com straight from work, while others come from home. You will however, need to wear a good pair of shoes. Stay away from sticky tennis shoes, platform shoes or flip flops. Shoes with leather, suede or a smooth rubber soles will make it easier to dance on our hardwood floors.
For our fitness and hip hop classes we suggest you wear sneakers and bring a towel.
Where Should I Park?
1. We recommend parking at the Beverly Center. It will cost $1 per hour for the first 4 hours. There is valet parking at the 3rd Street entrance. The rest of the entrances are on La Cienega, San Vicente, Beverly Blvd. Allow 5 -10 minutes to get to class on time. The lot stays open 24 hours, but no overnight parking allowed.
2. You may park in our back parking lot in the spaces in the lot designated for the Studio. Please do not park in the Cleaners, Pomegranate or Nail salon spaces. Please do not move any of the orange cones.
3. The former Loehman's lot on San Vicente is open until 9 pm and is $2 for 2 hours.
4. You may park on 3rd Street before 4:00pm and after 7:00 pm. Do not park between 4 pm and 7 pm or your car will be towed.
5. You may park on the east side of Holt Ave. and on Burton Way (east of Sherbourne) or on San Vicente. Read the posted signs. Do not park on the west side of Holt Ave. after 6:00 pm.
Other Parking Options:
We recommend parking at the Beverly Center. It will cost $1 per hour for the first 4 hours. There are entrances on 3rd St., La Cienega, San Vicente, and Beverly Blvd. Allow 5-10 minutes to get to class on time. The lot stays open 24 hours, but no overnight parking allowed. If your class finishes by 8:30pm, or you are coming on Saturdays, then we also recommend the former Loehmann's parking just south of 3rd St. There are entrances on La Cienega and San Vicente. The first 2 hours is $2. (It is $2.00 for every 15 minutes after that.)
Loehmann's lot closes at 9pm, so you must get your car out of the lot before then. If your lesson or class is at 8pm or later, you should park at the Beverly Center, or on the street if there is no parking available in our 3rd Street Dance lot.